angry, white men

News and discussion of issues in the world related to faith.

angry, white men

Postby Gabriel » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:24 pm

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/bill-clinton-trump-hillary-loss-232803
Bill Clinton: Trump knows how to get 'angry, white men to vote for him'

So how come Bill didn't vote for him? He seems pretty angry. :twisted:
Joe Kelley

if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Gabriel

Re: angry, white men

Postby DLM » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:43 pm

Gabriel wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/bill-clinton-trump-hillary-loss-232803

In my opinion, the Left is almost completely irrelevant now. After 8 years of Trump draining the swamp. the Left will be a distant bad memory like the Mob and the USSR...
Daniel
DLM

Postby lasaxman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:15 pm

DLM wrote:
Gabriel wrote:http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/bill-clinton-trump-hillary-loss-232803

In my opinion, the Left is almost completely irrelevant now. After 8 years of Trump draining the swamp. the Left will be a distant bad memory like the Mob and the USSR...

He has a really funny way of draining the swamp. :doh:
David L (CA)
lasaxman

Postby inthegobi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:51 pm

I dunno...

I have been sharing an apt for the last few months. I never watch TV news regularly, of any sort, except occasionally PBS, and haven't, more or less, since 1985. News comes from print, mostly non-partisan. But my new roommate turns out to love evening cable, and religiously watches Rachel Maddow. (But this isn't about her politics; I even like her little historical nuggets.) Suddenly, after thirty years, I'm drinking five nights a week at the fire-hose that is the modern, 21st century news cycle, and right during this very election.

Now I'm a patient, even Vulcan man. And while i've slipped over the years, and sometimes use vulgar language, I never take the Lord's name in vain. Hitherto.

Now I sit at the kitchen table working on a paper, or reading, and from the TV room my roommate gleefully listens as every ten minutes or so, someone on some show will say...*something*; then from the kitchen comes "Our Savior's Name in Vain!", and immediately the sharp clap! as a hand smacks over a mouth.

I'm getting better though - it's mostly about divine bovines, now.

Maybe not the most edifying story, but thought you'd like to hear it. :pc:

C Kirk
inthegobi

Postby DLM » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:14 am

inthegobi wrote:I dunno...

I have been sharing an apt for the last few months. I never watch TV news regularly, of any sort, except occasionally PBS, and haven't, more or less, since 1985. News comes from print, mostly non-partisan. But my new roommate turns out to love evening cable, and religiously watches Rachel Maddow. (But this isn't about her politics; I even like her little historical nuggets.) Suddenly, after thirty years, I'm drinking five nights a week at the fire-hose that is the modern, 21st century news cycle, and right during this very election.

Now I'm a patient, even Vulcan man. And while i've slipped over the years, and sometimes use vulgar language, I never take the Lord's name in vain. Hitherto.

Now I sit at the kitchen table working on a paper, or reading, and from the TV room my roommate gleefully listens as every ten minutes or so, someone on some show will say...*something*; then from the kitchen comes "Our Savior's Name in Vain!", and immediately the sharp clap! as a hand smacks over a mouth.

C Kirk

I stopped watching the 'mass media news' many years ago; for that matter, I stopped watching most of the 'mass media programming' that has indoctrinated many into moral relative confusion. I realized many years ago that the Left's success was premised upon a propaganda campaign -a campaign I refuse to digest or lend any credibility to.
Daniel
DLM

Postby Val Garcia » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:00 pm

Daniel,

I'll say to you what I said to my Bernie Sanders loving brother when he stated the GOP was irrelevant and "dead". I said, "what goes around comes around and there have always been cycles. The GOP is not dead and history shows that". The Democratic party isn't going to end because of Trump, indeed, after a Trump presidency the basic reality of polarization will likely hit and the Democratic party will be even more successful and powerful.
Val

“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.”-Flannerly O'Connor
Val Garcia

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Wed Dec 21, 2016 6:38 pm

Chris,

it's mostly about divine bovines, now.

I must remember to wish you a happy Diwali next year.
James Daly
(seamasodalaigh.wordpress.com)
seamas o dalaigh

Postby lasaxman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:08 pm

Val Garcia wrote:I'll say to you what I said to my Bernie Sanders loving brother when he stated the GOP was irrelevant and "dead". I said, "what goes around comes around and there have always been cycles. The GOP is not dead and history shows that". The Democratic party isn't going to end because of Trump, indeed, after a Trump presidency the basic reality of polarization will likely hit and the Democratic party will be even more successful and powerful.

I'm waiting for the Whigs to make a comeback. Thanks, Val, for the words of hope. :extrahappy:
David L (CA)
lasaxman

Postby DLM » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:44 pm

Val Garcia wrote:Daniel,

I'll say to you what I said to my Bernie Sanders loving brother when he stated the GOP was irrelevant and "dead". I said, "what goes around comes around and there have always been cycles. The GOP is not dead and history shows that". The Democratic party isn't going to end because of Trump, indeed, after a Trump presidency the basic reality of polarization will likely hit and the Democratic party will be even more successful and powerful.

I would venture to guess that the wikileaks stuff released is but the tip of a corrupt 'establishment' iceberg. Once President Obama leaves office and the swamp starts getting drained I have a feeling that many many closeted skeletons will begin being revealed. The lack of agreement' many now have for the Left's 'policies' will become a deep seated revulsion to the Left and Leftists in general. I suspect none will be trusted: some will be criminally prosecuted and many will be purged by the public from any political activities.
Daniel
DLM

Postby Val Garcia » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Daniel,

Did not Julian what's his name also mention wili leaks on the right? Don't you think he has that hanging over some heads and it' coming out eventually?
Val

“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.”-Flannerly O'Connor
Val Garcia

Postby Michael-D » Fri Dec 30, 2016 11:18 pm

inthegobi wrote:I dunno...

C Kirk

If you’re going to suffer through that five nights a week at least be accompanied by Dewar’s, Glenlivet or maybe Johnny Walker.
___
Michael
Michael-D

Postby JeffStevens » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:28 pm

Clinton does not strike me as angry at all.

And I think Clinton's analysis of Trump, while overly simplistic, is 100% accurate, as far as it goes.
ImageJeff StevensImage
jeff@stevens.net
JeffStevens

Postby DLM » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:32 pm

DLM wrote:
Val Garcia wrote:Daniel,

I would venture to guess that the wikileaks stuff released is but the tip of a corrupt 'establishment' iceberg. Once President Obama leaves office and the swamp starts getting drained I have a feeling that many many closeted skeletons will begin being revealed. The lack of agreement' many now have for the Left's 'policies' will become a deep seated revulsion to the Left and Leftists in general. I suspect none will be trusted: some will be criminally prosecuted and many will be purged by the public from any political activities.

The skeletons are now beginning to be revealed...
Daniel
DLM

Return to Orbis: The World