I'm sorry I couldn't make this like COL

For general topics that do not fit better elsewhere.

I'm sorry I couldn't make this like COL

Postby JeffStevens » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm sorry we couldn't continue the COL community. I think it may be time to acknowledge what I think we all know; that the Catholic Online Community is done. I'm sorry if I contributed to this situation.

I don't know what to do next. I know that my own participation in this community is basically ended. I'm glad to have known all of you and plan to keep in touch via social media.

What do you want to do next? I'm happy to hand over anything and everything I have to whoever wants it. Including, by the way, a working (though infected) archive of the original Catholic.org forums as of July 2012.
ImageJeff StevensImage
jeff@stevens.net
JeffStevens

Re: I'm sorry I couldn't make this like COL

Postby Kent » Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Well, I've been checking in daily and responding to most posts, even though I'm not a moderator for this or any other forums, nor do I have the time to "ride herd" on activities like this. And I don't have a server to re-host it, even in its present moribund state. I don't even know what "behind the scenes" facilities and controls that moderators use.

I have posted quite a bit of material, much of it original; i.e., not commentary. I would download all of the threads in which I've participated but I haven't figured out how to do that without a lot of work. Occasionally I do post a link from another forum (also apparently dying) to postings I've made here - mostly to individual postings in the "Could It Be" series.

Fr. Z is much too busy. Pilgrim? Well, Fabrizio has other things taking his time. (I do miss being his straight man.) They and nearly all of the "old gang" have gone on to other things - maybe the "social media".

Me? I don't do those things. Too much unregulated nonsense. Forums and email only for me.

Assuming this goes away I'm going to miss it. (I also miss PLATO.)
:geek:
Kent Wendler
Kent

Return to General: Coffee & Doughnuts: Chew & Chat