Talk or Action

Talk or Action

Postby Gabriel » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Biden gay marriage flap prompts response from Catholic bishops http://www.ewtnnews.com/catholic-news/US.php?id=14049

Just days after United States Vice President Joe Biden officiated at a same-sex wedding ceremony, three leading bishops aimed for clarity: such actions counter Catholic teaching and aren’t a faithful witness.

“When a prominent Catholic politician publicly and voluntarily officiates at a ceremony to solemnize the relationship of two people of the same-sex, confusion arises regarding Catholic teaching on marriage and the corresponding moral obligations of Catholics. What we see is a counter witness, instead of a faithful one founded in the truth,” said an Aug. 5 message on the U.S. bishops’ conference blog....

Teddy Roosevelt advised: "Speak softly but carry a big stick." Is it time for the bishops to realize that is a big stick, not a megaphone, that they carry.
Joe Kelley

if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
Gabriel

Re: Talk or Action

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:09 pm

On July 7, 2008, Bishop Malooly was appointed Bishop of Wilmington. He was installed in that office on the following September 8...

Bishop Malooly has also been repeatedly criticized for failing to apply canon law (specifically, Canon 915) regarding the reception of Holy Communion to Vice President Joseph Biden, including by several Catholic news outlets and by his fellow bishop, Bishop Michael John Sheridan of the Diocese of Colorado Springs. According to an AP report, he had agreed to discuss Catholic teaching with Biden, but never mentioned the issue of the reception of Communion. Lifesite News and CNS News contacted Malooly over the incident, but the bishop failed to answer.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Francis_Malooly

Action? It seems Bishop Malooly won't even talk.
James Daly
(seamasodalaigh.wordpress.com)
seamas o dalaigh

Re: Talk or Action

Postby com6063 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:32 am

With all due respect to Bishop Malooly, he came from the Archdiocese of Baltimore, my old area. He avoids any controversy like the plague and will not correct those who need correcting. So there is nothing new to see here.
"Working out my salvation in fear and trembling." Andrew McAllister
com6063

Return to HOT Topic: Homosexual "marriage"