How Donald Trump's handshake is making America great again

How Donald Trump's handshake is making America great again

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:19 pm

Handshakes are suddenly at the epicentre of geopolitical activity, thanks to the manual manoeuvrings of the man who many people, with a dark sense of irony, call "the American President".

When Donald Trump met Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week, it was the handshaking equivalent of the legendary battle between Lancelot and Gawain: two giants of the handshaking arts clashing in the ultimate test of metacarpal judo.

Trump pulled his classic Donald Clasp, in which he takes a firm grip on his counterpart's hand, makes a violent jerking motion toward himself, and attempts to drag the other man into his gaping maw, to be digested over several months.

Many other world leaders would have been doomed by Trump's sheer power, but Trudeau is a shaking master.

He countered with the famous Trudeau Trap, whereby he balanced himself with a hand on the American's shoulder, planted his feet well apart to maintain a solid base, and locked his elbow, holding his position immaculately before distracting Trump with a shiny Christmas tree bauble and taking the opportunity to break the grip.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-15/d ... at/8268048
James Daly
(seamasodalaigh.wordpress.com)
seamas o dalaigh

Re: How Donald Trump's handshake is making America great aga

Postby Retsinab » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:20 pm

seamas o dalaigh wrote:
Handshakes are suddenly at the epicentre of geopolitical activity, thanks to the manual manoeuvrings of the man who many people, with a dark sense of irony, call "the American President".

When Donald Trump met Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau this week, it was the handshaking equivalent of the legendary battle between Lancelot and Gawain: two giants of the handshaking arts clashing in the ultimate test of metacarpal judo.

Trump pulled his classic Donald Clasp, in which he takes a firm grip on his counterpart's hand, makes a violent jerking motion toward himself, and attempts to drag the other man into his gaping maw, to be digested over several months.

Many other world leaders would have been doomed by Trump's sheer power, but Trudeau is a shaking master.

He countered with the famous Trudeau Trap, whereby he balanced himself with a hand on the American's shoulder, planted his feet well apart to maintain a solid base, and locked his elbow, holding his position immaculately before distracting Trump with a shiny Christmas tree bauble and taking the opportunity to break the grip.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-15/d ... at/8268048

My favorite is the look of relief on President Shinzo Abe of Japan's face after he extracted himself from that yanking, clutching grip … :roll:
And the king will say to them in reply, ‘Amen, I say to you, whatever you did for one of these least brothers of mine, you did for me.’
The Gospel of Saint Matthew, 25:40 (NAB)

Jim B
retsinab@gmail.com
banisterjim@me.com
Retsinab

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Sun May 28, 2017 7:54 pm

President Trimalchio has been at it again.

French President Emmanuel Macron has said his clenched handshake with Donald Trump was "not innocent" and was a "moment of truth".

The awkward encounter saw each grip the other's hand so firmly that their knuckles turned white .

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-40077241
James Daly
seamas o dalaigh

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:26 am

Modi dodges notorious Trump handshake with a hug

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-27/d ... se/8655320
James Daly
seamas o dalaigh

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:30 pm

As Mr Trump prepared to head home following Bastille Day celebrations in Paris, he and French President Emmanuel Macron clasped hands.

The pair held on to each other as they walked. Mr Trump at one point pulled the smaller Mr Macron off balance and held fast as they approached their wives.

Even then, Mr Trump held on to Mr Macron's hand as he shook hands with the French first lady, Brigitte.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-15/d ... es/8711314
James Daly
seamas o dalaigh

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Tue Nov 14, 2017 6:46 pm

President Trimalchio does it yet again.

President Donald Trump is known for his long, at times aggressive, handshakes with world leaders. But at an international summit in the Philippines he struggled briefly with a different kind of handshake.

Trump, in Manila, attended the opening ceremonies of the Association for Southeast Asian Nations conference, which began with pageantry and a group photo of the leaders.

Then, the announcer intoned that it was time for the leaders to take part in the "traditional" ASEAN handshake. It's a cross-body exercise, during which each leader extends their right arm over their left and shakes the opposite hands of those next to him.

The announcer's instructions briefly baffled Trump, who at first simply crossed his hands in front of him.

Then, looking around, he turned to the leaders and simply extended his arms outward, only to find that wasn't quite right either.

Then he laughed, crossed his arms and reached to the correct sides.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/us-presiden ... zkg5x.html
James Daly
seamas o dalaigh

Postby Val Garcia » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:35 am

I resent these constant, unrelenting attacks on a man I consider to be my hero.

How are you Seamus?
Val

“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.”-Flannerly O'Connor
Val Garcia

Postby inthegobi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 am

Val,

How exactly is President Trump a hero to you? May I ask.
inthegobi

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:38 pm

Val,

Well, thanks. And you?

(I take it you were being facetious about President Trimalchio being a "hero" of yours?)
James Daly
seamas o dalaigh

Postby Val Garcia » Thu Nov 16, 2017 10:33 am

I'm well and nothing horrible is going on. I was being facetious. I'm not officially a hater according to a former COL member because of criticizing him and I've long been regarded a hater by my brother's friends for trying to see both sides to things. I'm proud everyone hates me.
Val

“You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you odd.”-Flannerly O'Connor
Val Garcia

Postby Michael-D » Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:05 pm

I did get a kick out of the Queen's Hat...

___
Michael
Michael-D

Return to The Warming House: Cabin Fever and Chain Gang