Lower stomach flu - Get the complete set!

For general topics that do not fit better elsewhere.

Lower stomach flu - Get the complete set!

Postby inthegobi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:05 pm

But avoid the action figures!

I was very ill in mid-late October, and lost seven pounds. I am a stringbean, and there is not much extra weight to casually throw overboard. Then I got its little brother last Thursday. God pulled the little beggars back just enough to return to my cantor job (what a bunch of sweethearts). From the last weight loss program, my pants almost fell off! I had to root around for an old belt, and kept my jacket buttoned. I returned home, changed into my jammies without pause, and slept more or less continuously from 1:30p Sunday to 7am Tuesday. (Minus being an er, action figure.)

Now in the middle of making a giant pot of chicken soup with only dark meat. (Survey: with or without allspice? With, say I.)

This one was slightly different than the first. I do *not* want to become a connoisseur. My keyboardist told me almost half her piano students were out with the same thing.

Keep well, and get the flu shot. I must get the pneumonia shot soon.

On the other hand, I am svelte as a secretary bird, and the model of Chaucer's scholar. Maybe I need to move out James' way, where the air is clear, and jaguars patrol the grounds, protecting his island-continent redoubt.

Keep well folks!

C Kirk
inthegobi

Re: Lower stomach flu - Get the complete set!

Postby inthegobi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:13 pm

Related topic, singers and instrumentalists:

When you recover from an illness, what takes the longest to get back. Vocally, my low notes are gone - but it seems my voice is creeping up anyway, but the low range is disappearing faster than high notes are replacing it (I have always been baritonish). Instrumentally I sound harsh, flat in tone (not pitch), and with clumsy phrasing.

Any tips for getting back some low notes? I could not manage a baritone *C*, let alone the Bb of *Wake, O Wake* that I scheduled. Sheesh. I like that song, but a lot of the congregation vanished with me: it starts at Bb so it won't go past D above middle C. It has a wide range - maybe it's just not the right hymn for this crowd, physically.

C Kirk
inthegobi

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:49 pm

Chris,

Try gargling lukewarm water with vinegar and salt. Also drink hot lemon juice with honey.

(Old folk remedy.)

The only Jaguars on Sydney's streets are the classic British cars. (Think Inspector Morse.)

James Daly
(seamasodalaigh.wordpress.com)
seamas o dalaigh

Postby inthegobi » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:55 pm

seamas o dalaigh wrote:Chris,

The only Jaguars on Sydney's streets are the classic British cars. (Think Inspector Morse.)

I never worked my way into that series, but the little I saw I like a lot.

Well, the cars can't be *much* more expensive to maintain than the four-footed jaguars!

My former roommate is in the *schmatta* business (Yiddish, lit. rags) - a fashion guy. After we scarfed double pepperoni pizza one dinner, in the middle of the night I hear him in his bedroom room saying 'Stop biting me!' He has 'pepperoni dreams': this one was spotted leopards nibbling at him. (Likely pepperoni nibbling at his stomach.) So of course he showed me this classic ad from Cartier - breaking every modern endangered species rule. But look, it's welcome at Cartier's any day!

There are some eye-popping old Cartier ads (to me) of Very Wealthy Women whose leopard has naughtily chewed up something expensive. And she just pouts a little. Ew, conspicuous consumption with all caps!

Dr. Boli has this helpful hint if you need to save a live leopard: 'Any room in the house may be turned into a dedicated leopard habitat simply by installing a leopard.' http://drboli.com/2014/09/02/easy-home- ... -projects/

C Kirk
inthegobi

Return to General: Coffee & Doughnuts: Chew & Chat