Recurring illness, and job

Share any needs for prayers and tell us how God has answered them.

Recurring illness, and job

Postby inthegobi » Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:29 pm

This is the third time I have have some illness gastro-enterital, in as many months. I've lost significant weight because of this, and though not dangerously low it is worrying. I gave myself a scare today and ended up at the clinic - only to be relieved to hear Pepto-bismol can look a lot like a bleeding ulcer in one alarming symptom. (I haven't drunk the stuff in many years.) The doctor at the 'urgent care clinic' (we're calling them here in the US) seemed unconcerned, so that is a relief. (Nice guy, from Brooklyn, helped set up this new place near by.)

I am also....well, failing to look for work. This is much more worrying, and maybe the source of all the GI upset. I've gotten so scared of filling out the forms and interviewing. This *cannot* happen. I am not indigent yet, nor too old to work. It's wrong.

So, please pray for me.

Chris Kirk
inthegobi

Re: Recurring illness, and job

Postby seamas o dalaigh » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:41 pm

Praying.
James Daly
(seamasodalaigh.wordpress.com)
seamas o dalaigh

Postby Mary's Girl » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:37 pm

Prayers.
Nina

“We have been called to heal wounds, to unite what has fallen apart, and to bring home those who have lost their way.” ~ St. Francis of Assisi

Pax et bonum! :)
Mary's Girl

Postby Sophieks » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:09 pm

Chris,

Prayers that you are successful in finding appropriate work, and that your illness resolves. God bless.

Sophie
Sophieks

Postby inthegobi » Thu Jan 25, 2018 9:52 am

Good news!

Early in the month I finally got myself to a temp agency. Within a week I was testing for a job. I was lucky to get an opening for orientation a week early, and they didn't sicc the hounds on me. My first time on the floor is tonight, thursday. I will operate an injection-molding machine - more experienced people set it up, and I do the last step of molding the parts and cleaning them up. It is modest income, but pays everything I'll need. The hours are rough, and long shifts, and I suddenly realized I need new glasses appropriate for the focal-length of my work, but, well, thank God, and your prayers.

C Kirk
inthegobi

Postby lasaxman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:37 am

:thumbsup:
David L (CA)
lasaxman

Return to Prayer Requests & Answers